LESSON 9 VISITING A CANADIAN FAMILY
Dashan: Hi. Glen. It's Dashan. Thanks again for yesterday. We really enjoyed visiting your office and learning more about your company.
大山:格倫,你好。 我是大山。再次感謝你昨天的款待。我們?yōu)槟馨菰L、加深了解你們公司感到非常高興。
Glen: Oh, you're welcome. Everybody at Capital enjoyed meeting you and your friends. Listen, are you free this evening?
格倫:啊,不用客氣。 首都電子公司的每個人都為能見到你和你的朋友感到高興。喂,你今天晚上有空嗎?
Dashan: Yes.
大山:有。
Glen: Well, how about coming over to our house for dinner? Kathy's going to make her vegetarian lasagna tonight.
格倫:那到我家來吃晚飯,怎么樣?今天晚上凱西準備做素鹵意大利寬面條。
Dashan: That sounds great. I'd really like to come.
大山:聽起來不錯,我很愿意來。
Glen: And please invite Rumei and Yunbo, too.
格倫:請邀請如梅、云波一起來。
Dashan: That's very kind of you, Glen.
大山:格倫,謝謝你。
Glen: Come around at 6:00. We're going to have an early dinner. It's a school night for Christopher.
格倫:6點左右到我這里吧。今天晚飯我們要早點吃,克里斯托弗晚上要去學校參加活動。
Dashan: Great. I'm looking forward to it. See you then. Oh, Glen, what's your address?
大山:好的,我期待著這一刻?;仡^見。噢,格倫,你住什么地方?
Glen: 555 North Hinton Avenue. That's Hinton near Main. Ours is the house with the big tree in front of it.
格倫:欣屯街北路555號,欣屯街挨著美因街。我們家房子前邊有一棵大樹。
Kathy: Hello, everyone. It's wonderful to meet you all. Please come in.
凱西:你們好。見到你們太高興了。請進。
Rumei: These flowers are for you, Kathy.
如梅:凱西,這花是送給你的。
Dashan: And here's a bottle of wine. Thanks for your kind invitation.
大山:還有一瓶酒。謝謝你們的邀請。
Kathy: Quite welcome. The pleasure is ours.
凱西:不用客氣,你們能來我們感到很榮幸。
Kathy: Sit down, please. Make yourselves at home. I'm going to get Christopher. He's doing his homework in his bedroom.
凱西:請坐吧。請不要拘束。我去把克里斯托弗叫來。他在臥室里正做作業(yè)呢。
Glen: Would anybody care for a drink before dinner? I have rum, gin, scotch, wine...
格倫:吃飯前有誰想喝點什么嗎?我這兒有朗姆酒、杜松子酒、蘇格蘭威士忌、葡 萄酒……
Yunbo: I'll have a gin and tonic, please.
云波:我想喝點杜松子酒加蘇打水。
Glen: OK.
格倫:好的。
Rumei: I'd like some ginger ale, please.
如梅:我想喝點姜汁汽水。
Dashan: Could I have a scotch on the rocks?
大山:給我點加冰塊的蘇格蘭威士忌,好嗎?
Glen: Sure.
格倫:好的。
Kathy: This is our Christopher.
凱西:這是我們的兒子,克里斯托弗。
Everybody: Hi, Christopher.
三人一起:你好??死锼雇懈?。
Christopher: Hi,everybody.
克里斯托弗:你們好。
Kathy: Christopher, this is Rumei. This is Yunbo and this is Dashan. Dad and Dashan went to school together.
凱西:克里斯托弗,這是如梅,這是云波,這是大山。爸爸和大山是大學同學。
Christopher: Hi, everybody.
克里斯托弗:你們好。
Dashan: What grade are you in, Christopher?
大山:克里斯托弗,你上幾年級?
Christopher: I'm in Grade Five.
克里斯托弗:我上五年級。
Kathy: Christopher's going to attend a hockey camp this summer.
凱西:克里斯托弗今年夏天要參加冰球夏令營。
Rumei: Sounds like fun.
如梅:聽起來蠻有趣嘛。
Christopher: Yeah. Mom, when are we going to eat dinner? I'm hungry.
克里斯托弗:是。媽媽,我們什么時候吃晚飯啊?我餓了。
Kathy: Very soon, honey. Glen, how about taking everyone into the dining room? I'm going to take the lasagna out of the oven.
凱西:親愛的,馬上就吃飯。 格倫,你帶大家到餐廳好嗎?我去把面條從烤箱里取出來。
Rumei: Kathy, can I help with anything?
如梅:凱西,有什么要我?guī)兔Φ膯幔?/p>
Kathy: Oh, that's all right. Just make yourself comfortable.
凱西:噢,沒什么事,別拘束就行。
Glen: I think everything is just about ready now.
格倫:我看我們可以準備開飯了。
Dashan: Mmm. Everything smells delicious.
大山:啊,每道菜聞著都是那么香。
Yunbo: And it looks great, too.
云波:樣子也都好看。
Kathy: Would anyone like some more lasagna?
凱西:還有誰想再吃點面條嗎?
Dashan: No, thanks. I'm fine. I couldn't eat another bite.
大山:我不要,我吃飽了。 再多一口也吃不下了。
Yunbo: I'd like another piece, please. But just a small one.
云波:我想再要一塊,就要一點。