Situational Words and Phrases 情景詞匯
1.arrangement n. 安排
A: Could you please make arrangements for a dinner party of six?
甲:能為六個人安排就餐嗎?
B: Yes, of course.
乙:當然可以。
2.booth n. 座位
A: What about the booth over there?
甲:那個座位怎么樣?
B: OK. That will do.
乙:行。我就坐那兒。
3.light meal 隨便的一餐
A: Where shall we go?
甲:我們到哪兒去吃?
B: Anywhere will do. Let's just have a light meal.
乙:哪兒都行。隨便去吃點就可以了。
4.manage v. 設法
A: Can you manage to seat us along that section?
甲:能讓我們坐那邊嗎?
B: I'm afraid all the tables there have been taken.
乙:恐怕那兒的座都有主了。
5.proper meal 正餐
A: Well, how about having something to eat?
甲:去吃點東西怎么樣?
B: Good. Would you prefer a proper meal?
乙:好的。來頓正餐如何?
6.seat v. 使……就座
A: Where shall we take seats?
甲:我們坐哪兒?
B: Don't worry. I'll seat you in a couple of minutes.
乙:別著急,我?guī)追昼妰染涂梢越o各位安排好座位。
7.snack bar 快餐店
A: How about eating out at a snack bar?
甲:去快餐店吃點飯如何?
B: Good idea.
乙:好主意。
8.split v. 分裂
A: We'll need a table for twelve.
甲:我們需要一張十二人桌。
B: Sorry, but you'll have to split into two groups, I'm afraid.
乙:對不起,恐怕你們得分兩撥人座。
9.treat 款待,請客
A: We'd like to treat you to some home-cooked Chinese food.
甲:我們想請你到我家吃點中國萊。
B: Really? Thanks a lot.
乙:真的嗎?太感謝了。
10.vacant a. 空閑的
A: Excuse me, is that table vacant?
甲:打擾了,這是空桌嗎?
B: Sorry, it's been booked
乙:對不起,已經有人預訂了。
11.window table 靠窗的桌子
A: Can we take the window table there?
甲:我們可以用那張靠窗戶的桌子嗎?
B: Yes, this way, please.
乙:可以,這邊請。